La Scuola’s community is built on a set of shared values and sustained through continued engagement and collaboration. In addition to the many curricular and co-curricular activities posted on our Calendar and highlighted in our News, the Parents Association helps organize events that keep us engaged with our local and international communities. Below are just some of the exciting initiatives that La Scuola students and families have been involved in:
- Volunteering at the NY Common Pantry, serving meals to underprivileged local families;
- During One Great Hour of Sharing, La Scuola students spent 3 weeks learning about developing nations and raising $1,724 for victims of the recent Italian Earthquakes;
- Thirty-eight La Scuola students participated in the Ronald McDonald House Charity Fun Run to raise money for sick children and their families—Matteo Charles, (PreK-A) and Stefano Sullo, (7th grade) both came in first in their races!;
- La Scuola raised $4,500 for the “Men in Blue”—formerly homeless or incarcerated men working to achieve self sufficiency through the Holiday Cookie Drive with The Doe Fund; and
- La Scuola students and families raked and bagged what seemed like a million leaves for the Riverside Park Conservancy. All leaves were added to a compost pile and turned into valuable mulch for use throughout the park.
We invite you to join our Alumni and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.